On 8/29/2014 1:00 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

I'm healthily skeptical about such claims. (Notice how skepticism is always described as "healthy"?)

I think "essential" is an even better term.

But, apparently /not //essential/ in the case of Barry's Rama levitation claims. Go figure.

Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

But if there is anything to these tales I doubt if the saint *physically* levitated. Ie, a Kodak Brownie would not have recorded his flight. A more likely explanation (though still demanding a lot of credulity) is that people witnessed his "astral" vehicle. He was, after all, spending most of his time in prayer and contemplation - ideal conditions for having an out-of-the-body experience. Perhaps the veneration surrounding the holy man raised the witnesses' own level of consciousness so that they could sense his astral form.
More plausible?

On that theme: do TM meditators in the Dome (sidhas or not) ever report having an OBE?

Someone on my "flying" course did, she had all sorts of weird adventures like that. I just got a head ache and forgot where I was, a sort of Out of Mind Experience where my body wandered about on its own.

    • Re: [Fairf... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... salyavin808
            • ... salyavin808