On 8/29/2014 12:05 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

And how did your course leaders respond to the lady's report of flitting about out of her body?

They just said the same thing to every thing we said we experienced "something good is happening"!

Or, "Take it easy; take it as it comes."

*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Friday, August 29, 2014 2:00 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] The flying saint, Joseph of Cupertino

I'm healthily skeptical about such claims. (Notice how skepticism is always described as "healthy"?)

I think "essential" is an even better term.

But if there is anything to these tales I doubt if the saint *physically* levitated. Ie, a Kodak Brownie would not have recorded his flight. A more likely explanation (though still demanding a lot of credulity) is that people witnessed his "astral" vehicle. He was, after all, spending most of his time in prayer and contemplation - ideal conditions for having an out-of-the-body experience. Perhaps the veneration surrounding the holy man raised the witnesses' own level of consciousness so that they could sense his astral form.
More plausible?

On that theme: do TM meditators in the Dome (sidhas or not) ever report having an OBE?

Someone on my "flying" course did, she had all sorts of weird adventures like that. I just got a head ache and forgot where I was, a sort of Out of Mind Experience where my body wandered about on its own.

  • Re: [FairfieldL... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... salyavin808