Might be time for you to check your own samskaras Ann.

________________________________
 From: "awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 5, 2014 10:58 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Reading or Not Reading Posts

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

How does a human demonstrate he or she is honest? Maharishi and TM are the main
axes that FFL, at least originally revolved around. The TM movement and its
leaders seem to me to show certain deviations from open-hearted honesty.

Such is the nature of human beings, especially those that cling to imaginary
concepts. It is extraordinarily difficult to defend something as true and real
when it is imaginary. Our business here is sorting it out. that leaves some on
the side of finding things out, and others digging in to preserve the fantasy.
We all make strange mistakes along the way.

Unlike some here, I have always had the feeling that Maharishi knew that
enlightenment was not what it was said to be. According to the way
enlightenment is verbally defined, it could never actually be what it is said
to be.

Barry, Michael, others basically bring to light here people's samskaras, to use
an Hindu term that means imprints left on the mind by experience. In Western
thought the term 'engram', coined by Richard Semon in the very early 20th
century represents the same or similar concept, that every psychological state
corresponds to alterations in the nerves and that experience left mnemic traces
in the nervous system. The term was later co-opted by Ron Hubbard when he made
up Scientology. Meditation is a classic technique for loosening and diminishing
these traces, and if enough loosening and diminishing is accomplished, the mind
might see through its belief structure and get a glimpse of how it fabricates
its version of reality, and once that happens the real work of spiritual growth
can begin.

The basic technique to bring certain kinds of samskaras to light (and not to
remove them necessarily) is simply to attack a person's system of belief. A
belief is an assumption that something is true without any relevant evidence
that it is so, in other words, a belief is a pretence to knowledge. This method
does not really work all that well with other kinds of traces left in the
system such as shell shock (PTSD), but on a forum basically you have various
people with divergent pretences to knowledge, and when you counter a pretence,
you get a reaction.

This is my reaction to your short and largely uninformative post, self-reported
'honest' Dan. The (apparently) late Judith Stein who posted here often extolled
her honesty, but I think that is a bad tack to take considering we are humans.
If we have to extol our alleged perfections, perhaps there is something hiding
in a dark corner we would rather others not find. So far you have not helped.
You need to say more. Just saying something is not so, does not make it not so.

Wow Xeno, for a guy who has seen a few years, transcended a time or two and who
ploddingly, dryly picks apart most subjects you certainly seem to miss the
proverbial boat a lot. Do you ever break out of a shamble? Does red blood pump
around in blue veins? Do you get angry, excited, passionate about anything?
Bawee and MJ do NOT bring to light anyone's "samskaras" except what might exist
as their own. These two are not catalysts for bringing to light anything but
their own hanging on to past injury and perceived injustices which have
resulted in anger and disappointment disguised as righteous desire to shake
people up. Whatever they are doing simply pinpoints their own hanging on and
resentment and for you to encourage or congratulate them is to illustrate your
own limitations. Check the fluff box now.

I call Bullshit!

"they are often related to issues that FFL was designed to investigate."

Just helping,
Honest Dan

  • [FairfieldLif... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfie... danfriedman2002