On 9/9/2014 10:02 PM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
That's why we needed a residual force in Iraq. They, the Iraqis, were developing the skills while we were there. We backed them up and gave them the confidence they needed to get it done. The average Iraqi soldier doesn't trust or have faith in their own commanders unless there are American commanders over seeing an operation with American soldiers to back them up if needed. We left too early and created a vacuum. ISIS filled it. The same fate awaits Afghanistan. American lives and treasure have been waisted. Bush forecast this very event if we left too early.Extremist would take over and we would spend even more lives and treasure to take it back in order to prevent something worse. Obama should get on his knees and beg General McCrystal and General David Petraeus to come back and restore what they had accomplished, hopefully with a greater coalition.

In the next U.S. presidential elections the main issue will be U.S. funding for military self-defense, not health care reform or immigration. The question is, how long will the U.S. be willing or able to fund the Western world to defend itself from Russian aggression or ISIS terrorism? How long will America be willing to have their back Europe, the Far East, or anywhere else? It's all about money and where to spend it.

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:35 PM, "jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Richard,

As mentioned by the US generals, the US cannot win the war against ISIS by air power alone. It still needs military boots on the ground to drive away the militants from Iraq. The military boots should not be coming from American soldiers. The military boots should be from the Iraqi forces. It is their country and they should be defending it.

On 9/9/2014 11:11 AM, Bhairitu noozguru@... <mailto:noozguru@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    The US funded the Mujahideen to fight against the Russians in
    Afghanistan.  Why? Because greedy US businessmen wanted their
    hands on the recently revealed to the public rich resources in
    the Afghanistan (which was why Russians were there in the first
    place). Then the Mujahideen because Al-Qaeda and a new boogeyman
    to get the American people in a "war mood" and support spending
    heavily on defense which of course profited the military
    industrial complex.  Then the US supported ISIS to help overthrow
    the Syrian government.  Now they are the new boogeyman to drum up
    more defense spending.  Best way to defeat ISIS was to not
    support them in the first place.

    The past is already gone, you need to face the present. The best
    way to defeat ISIS is to vote for the political candidate that
    will be willing to fund the U.S. military. The the only way to
    defeat ISIS is with U.S. military air power. That's what President
    Obama is already doing. Without U.S. military air support, the
    European and Middle Eastern governments will NOT be able to defeat
    ISIS. It's not complicated.

    On 09/08/2014 07:34 PM, jr_esq@... <mailto:jr_esq@...>
    [FairfieldLife] wrote:
    It's the formation of a new government in Iraq, according to
    Kerry.  IMO, this indeed is the most reasonable of all
    approaches, along with the necessary support from world
    governments to defeat ISIS.

https://news.yahoo.com/kerry-heads-mideast-talks-islamic-state-180834352.html

  • Re: [FairfieldL... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]