On 9/10/2014 8:19 AM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

No, not that silly practice that wannabee yogis perform when they want to feel all self-important for abstaining from doing something they'd rather be doing than abstaining from. Tapas, the cuisine from Spain. I felt like having some today, and fortunately in Leiden one can find pretty much any type of food in the world, so now I'm comfortably seated at a canalside restaurant enjoying a beer and some albondigas and calamares and mejillones, abstaining from nothing. *Much* better form of tapas than that yogi stuff.

I've never understood that "spiritual" kinda tapas, and why people get off on it. It's like they expect some kinda "brownie points" for *resisting* something that the Natural Tendency Of Their Minds is drawing them towards? WTF? Just doesn't compute for me.

I don't even get the concept. I mean, is some god or some Law Of Nature supposed to be *impressed* by some monk who (similar to TM guys on rounding courses) spends 90% of his time thinking about sex, but isn't really ever gettin' any? Seems to me that the god or the Law in question would want the guy to Go Get Laid Already, so that he could come back to meditation and spend a little time transcending.

Anyway, I like the Spanish version of tapas much more. Little dishes of fish or shellfish or veggies or meats, small enough so that you can order 3 to start with and stop there if that satisfies you, or order 3 more (or 12 more) if the first course doesn't. It's a perfect eating style for me, because I tend to have a small appetite and like to "graze," rather than eating a long, full meal. YMMV.

This is a very important post. We now know that bawee likes to graze rather than eat a full meal. I will go forth today feeling that much more enriched and empowered. Keep these posts coming bawee. And, I was not disappointed because you were able, as is your usual style and form, to denigrate others while showing the rest of us how lucky and special you are because you have access to tapas in Leiden. Well done. I have a feeling you did not take this picture of the actual meal you consumed.

Apparently they spent 100 years fighting a war over in NE over this issue - the War On Tapas. Finally, they kicked out the Spaniards, but now here comes a guy that loves the tapas. Go figure. Maybe he should go back to Sitges, Spain, if he wanted some real tapas. Isn't that kind of like eating Mexican food in Vedic City?

          • ... danfriedman2002
          • ... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... danfriedman2002
  • [FairfieldLife]... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]