Once again, Barry eats alone. Barry drinks alone. Barry types on his laptop, alone, openly chuckling to himself when in public, and doing other things to be subtly (hopefully) noticed (by a woman, hopefully), at his seat at the cafe, alone.

But, it looks like the fish stopped biting a looooong time ago, and no one, male or female, is particularly interested in the lonely man, drinking beer, and smiling weirdly into his laptop.

So, he rants and he raves, at all of us here on FFL, all that he has left, while ever maintaining the fiction that his life is far superior to anyone else's, that he is the most of everything, and we are fortunate to read his insults.

Then he looks up from the laptop, realizes he is, once again, all by himself, gets another beer, and dives back into the one place in his life, as much as he hates it, where he is no longer alone, FFL.

Barry is addicted, here. With his longing to be hip and groovy, FFL is the last place he wants to be. He used to run with his posse on here, but they have all left. He used to run the show, dammit!

But now, as much as he invokes Curtis's name, like a wayward mantra, Curtis rarely comes back. Same with all of the others he wishes would return, Marek, Sally S, to keep him from looking like the desperate fish out of water that he is.

This is not his scene. All he does is get angry at all of us. And the more he rants, the worse he feels about himself. But he has nothing else, and no other way to get adults to pay attention to him. A spiral downward:

"heyheyanotherpintofbeer!...everheardofFFLsweetie?...they'reallassholes..."