 Dan, what Edg didn't catch is that we were all thrown into that same gigantic,
cosmic washingmachine. We lived for a dollar a day, in Europe, in the USA and
in Asia for tens of years and it was OK.
 What mattered was the idea that by doing so Maharishi would connect us to
something bigger, something greater. For some that "greater" was more personal
power and riches, perhaps to meet a lovely lady, for others it was longevity
and good health, but for most of us it meant that by His Grace we could shake
hands with Godhead.
 I'm communicating with many of the friends from that time, and I can assure
you; whatever their desires were, with the blessings of their own good karma
and with the help of the most competent Guide, their aspirations are fulfilled.
 A very interesting feature is when you meet an old meditator who has simply
done TM twice a day, someone who perhaps met Maharishi in the 60's. With 0
expectations, yet they find their lives mysteriously fulfilled on levels they
had not even imagined.

 I can't see thru Edg's eyes (or experience thru his consciousness).
But speaking only for I, I got no complaints.
Maybe lower expectations?

 I see three factors contributing to how one feels about their TM experience
if, in the end, they feel it was negative.
 1) the level of their expectations
 2) their personality and character that is unique to them
 3) the amount of time, energy and money they spent on all the things you can
spend time, energy and money on with relation to the Movement.
 If you have the "perfect storm" of all three then you can end up with some
individuals feeling pretty angry or contemptuous or downright murderous about
it all. But, whether you are talking about a failed spiritual path or a failed
investment strategy it still comes down to the choices and the character of the
participant. This does not mean that there are not spiritual paths or
investment opportunities that are scams and manipulative but it does mean that
it takes at least two to tango.

Ann,
You are very helpful here. I have no idea about all this controversy. I guess
it's my youthful innocence, or perhaps just naivety.

I don't 'get it', yet I do hear all kinds of complaints emanating from Members
here.

I'll try to pay better attention, but without your insight, I keep missing the
picture.

Maybe we'll all learn something.

Dan from nyc
far away from this controversy