My experience has been that "I" don't exist. It just seems that "I" go through the week as someone just doing something. And it's not weird at all. Like you say it may be a little difficult to fathom intellectually especially if some people have had few experiences even of transcending. It's just at some point you no longer "come out" of meditation and it's not "spaciness" either an issue that David Frawely has tackled in some of his writings about "false" enlightenment. Just do some grounding things and if the experience remains it isn't spaciness.