 From: "fleetwood_macncheese@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:47 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] thoughts on samskaras and enlightenment - CC to UC

   It is an automatic process, Richard. The Self begins to witness in every
moment, so that rather than having any attention, on giving up anything, it
actually becomes impossible to be attached to anything. This can't be
understood in the waking state. Once a person lives in freedom, a person can
tackle any situation successfully. Life becomes as simple as we want it to be.
Attachment is impossible, so even the most joyful and the most painful moments
will pass. Contrary to what the rational mind may think, the witness
capability, is not some sort of anesthetic. As Ann and I were discussing, life
is so visceral, sensual and alive within itself, that even the witness revels
in fullness. Everything is uncovered and seen for what it is. The inside and
outside are balanced. Attachment, and its consequent delusion, are impossible,
in a life lived in eternal freedom. No need whatsoever, to think about
non-attachment. It is automatic, after awhile.

 On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM, fleetwood_macncheese@...
mailto:fleetwood_macncheese@... [FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
   As I mentioned, it becomes a matter of choice. Everything is now visible. It
becomes a choice to entertain it or not. Any precepts become silly, like the
earlier waking state discussion regarding anger.

<sharelong60@...> wrote :

 Richard, what feels right to me is the idea of "roasted" impressions. IOW,
they are still in the field of individuality, but they no longer get activated
because they are roasted. What do you think?

 According to Vaj, seeded meditation alone does not burn up old karmic
impressions.

 In order to perform "tapas" and burn up your karma you must give up the notion
of "me" and "mine" - in reality, we do not act at all - it is the accrued karma
that acts - the three gunas born of nature that are doing the acting. We are
just the witnesses of the karmic acts - then you begin to understand that you
are only going to get as much enlightenment as you are going to get, due to
your samskaras or karma.

 You then give up striving and just do karma yoga for the good of all.You
cannot stop acting, but you can realize that the "I" is not really you true
Self - you are the self - the sum total of all your acts since time began.

 When you realize that there is no "person" doing the acting, you are free
relinquish ownership of your acts. When you give up the fruits of your actions
you are then able to act in an unselfish way - you just go around doing good
for others, your spouse and/or your family.

 On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:16 AM, "Richard Williams punditster@...
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

    fleetwood_macncheese:

 > these mental and emotional patterns, their solidity begins to dissolve,

 According to Vaj, seeded meditation does not remove samskaras, let alone
"strong" samskaras; it merely plants "nicer seeds" to (hopefully) drown out the
weeds.

 http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg161585.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg161585.html

 Samskaras are 'karma', or impressions left by karmic acts. Karma means action'
in Sanskrit. In Buddhism, samskaras are mental and volitional formations,
accumulated actions over many lives, and present actions as well; samskaras are
conditioned phenomena; "structures within the unconscious that are the basis
for all worldly activities and future rebirth."

 In the enlightenment tradition, the endless round of becoming can be abolished
through Yoga, that is, an adept of Yoga can "burn up" his karma through the
practice of tapas, until the sum total of sankaras is zero. When that happens,
the yogin is 'liberated' from samsara. There is no return.

 Reference:

 'A Sanskrit-English Dictionary'
 Monier Monier-Williams

 On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM, fleetwood_macncheese@...
mailto:fleetwood_macncheese@... [FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
   I was thinking more about Bhairitu's comment, and I googled 'samskara', and
got back mental or emotional pattern. So, the CC Maharishi refers to, is a
state of enlightenment, with samskaras mostly intact. This is why he describes
it as a state of inner silence, the individual feels enlightened, but this is
not reflected in his environment; CC. The silence, or light, or whatever one
calls the universal motive force, cannot be reflected in the environment, the
"outside world", until the samskaras get illuminated, with further
enlightenment. Then simply seen for what they are, these mental and emotional
patterns, their solidity begins to dissolve, moving from impenetrable objects,
to playthings. After the samskaras begin to get transparent, the silence or
light appears to subjectively imbue and penetrate every experience, inside and
out - the "outside world" is now enlightened, to a degree - oneness
predominates, UC. A "bigger" state of enlightenment; the universal motive force
is felt and seen everywhere, governing everything -

  • [FairfieldLif... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Richard Williams pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]