On Nov 13, 2005, at 4:32 PM, akasha_108 wrote:

> What is your take on the burning bush? Most interpretations I have
> heard are kundalini rising and illuminating the web of channels and
> energy pathways, particularly the crown chakra, which is said to
> resemble a burning bush. And it is from this illumined state, the word
> of god is heard.

According to the Kabbalah, the whole exodus trip is about the journey
of the soul from bondage or Mizraim ("Egypt") to the higher planes.
For example the parting of the Red Sea is transition from one plane
to another. Eventually Moseh ascends Mount Sinai and this is the
closest you can come to God/HaShem and still live. You cannot look at
God and live--this is the Kabbalistic idea of isplakaria or
reflection, you must look at God in a mirror rather than face-to-
face. The burning bush is the mirror. In Sri Vidya this would be the
vimarsha-shakti--the energy of the mirror at the centermost triangle
of the Sri Chakra. It's the power behind phenomenal appearances.