 Sorry - I replied too fast. Re "Still there?": No, we stayed at the squat for
two years then we got a letter from the owner saying that he was returning from
Africa, that he'd heard the place was occupied, and could we please vacate the
premises shortly. We did exactly that - so he never lost out from us using his
house and we left it in good order. Would all be illegal now of course but was
still allowed then. And we thought at the time that we were just continuing the
Levellers work  . . .

 Excellent, a lot of my friends did squatting and they always looked after the
places. We all ended up in a nice empty pub once and planned our anti-poll tax
campaign from the saloon bar. Ah, happy days.

 Am currently squatting a bit of land and have divided it up between friends
into allotments. Worked well for a few years but interest is waning and the
place is getting overgrown, great sense of achievement when we started though.
We were the new diggers.

 Shame it's all illegal now, kids these days don't know what they're missing!