 Ditto,

 Spiritually, people should speak the sweet truth.

 Saha Nav,

 satyam bruyat, priyam bruyat       speak the truth, speak sweetly
na bruyat satyam apriyam |          don't speak truth in an unloving way
priyam ca nanritam bruyat           don't speak untruth in a pleasant way
esha dharmah sanatanah ||           this is the eternal law

 Or, TM Saha Nav: never do we speak negativity, never do we denounce anyone,

 M: Is this supposed to be a parody of the movement's hypocrisy by your alter
ego "Buck", because this is the exact opposite of what you have been doing? You
have been doing more than denouncing, you have been slandering beyond all
reason with odious comparisons.

 Apostasy is just wrong thinking clearly getting over the line.  Or as the
Shakers would have said in their way, "Out of Union with the Gospel."

 -Buck

 M: It means you dropped a belief. Like everybody who grows up and changes
religions for example. In modern society it should invoke a "meh" at best. The
only reason it is an up word today is because there are still medieval morons
running around enforcing a death penalty spelled out in their scriptures for
this thought crime. People like you who are giving lip service to a reformed
religion should be the last person to run around accusing someone of changing
their mind about something and making slanderous comparisons with people who
are killing other human beings for what they think.

 B:: An apostate of course is different from someone just being a critic.

 M: They might not be a critic at all, it just means they dropped the belief.
Whey can't religious fanatics crack a book and get their words straight?

 B:The critic, who as a satisfied and regular practitioner

 M: Slippery one Buck. Now you are redefining legitimate criticism only for
people still practicing which by definition means they are not apostates. You
are trying to distance yourself from the years of whining and criticism you
subjected us too when you were kicked out of the dome. Your criticism was OK
and his is terrorism. Nice try.

 B: may offer some criticism as in a state of critique. Such critique is then
also quite different in grade from those others being more negative and then
again from states of pernicious negativity advocacy, like those people who are
both quitters and haters in method.

 M: Which is the freak'n definition of apostasy short bus.

 B: That becomes a pretty clear sign of someone who has fallen in to TM
apostasy.

 M: Not to you. You aren't clear about any of the definitions of words you are
introducing into the discussion

 D:We should be mindful and clear about this as we filter our reading and
interacting with our fellow community members here. That is justly good and
sound subtle spirituality.

 M: You are making this too easy dude. Take your own preachy advice to heart,
stop speaking the unsweet truth about someone you disagree with, stop making
wildly inappropriate comparisons with expressing disdain for a group and people
who explode bombs on babies and for your God's sake;

 crack a freak'n book about the terms you are using as weapons here to shoot
the messenger for ideas you do not share.

 Yes, like considering the source of posts I certainly sort my incoming mail
accordingly. Om we should have, we could have better sorted the FFL membership
here accordingly from way back with more aggressive moderation against the
apostaic spam of outright apostasy here. Posting on FFL should be held a
privilege and not just some right. Saha Nav,

 -Buck, a Satisfied Customer by the Practise of Maharishi's Transcendental
Meditation Programme

 Yes, that 'Disaffiliation';   Friends, for any of us we certainly know an
apostate when we see one. For instance, with The Science of Creative
Intelligence of which TM is the practical application. Seeing as US
jurisprudence judges SCI to be a Religion it would not be a stretch to say that
people who would renounce TM just by dropping or quitting the practice of said
meditation and who then promote publicly against TM with an advocacy of
negativity are in fact in an apostate state: apostate, as apostates in
apostasy. Q.E.D., TM Apostates.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 As I'm pretty sure both Xeno and Barry know, apostasy is not limited to
defection from a religion. One can become an apostate from any previous loyalty.

 > 'Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation
 > of a religion by a person. One who commits apostasy is known as an
 > apostate.'
>
> As I never was the member of any religion, I cannot ever be correctly accused
> of apostasy. As the TM org claims it is not a religion, so no one can ever be
> correctly accused for disafilliating or abandoning TM as apostasy (unless of
> course the TM org is lying about that claim).

 It's an NPD Thang, Xeno. If you've convinced yourself that the POV held by
your self is "true," and that any POV that contradicts it is is "untrue," then
you get to make up the rules. There is absolutely *no problem* with declaring
someone an apostate from an organization that you declare is not a religion. :-)

It's a lot like having an argument in which there is only one participant --
the person trying to start the argument -- and then declaring one's self the
"winner." :-)

Narcissistic Personality Disorder really *does* explain almost all of the
aberrant behavior we see on FFL. I would suggest that this mental disorder is
the true legacy of Maharishi's teachings.

:-)

  • [FairfieldLif... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]