> On Nov 14, 2005, at 9:36 AM, sparaig wrote:
> >
> > Well, a warning about a technique isn't the same as referring to
> > SSRS himself as sweet poison, which was what I was questioning.
>
> As was I, but that might not have been obvious to a careless reader.

For reference, in case anyone wants to read what
Vaj said more carefully:

------------------

On Nov 14, 2005, at 7:20 AM, Peter wrote:

Yes, yes, it's all so true. SSRS is a fraud. Thank God
we all know that now. Spending all that time with MMY
from the age of 12 onwards must have had some sort of
impact on him. IT IS SO TRUE THAT, "MEDITATORS SHOULD
WATCH OUT FOR SWEET POISON."

[Vaj wrote:]
I don't think that's the point. The point is it shows the extreme
jealousy of M. who obviously can't deal with the loss of his movement
to SSRS's now larger and more vital movement...so he puts SSRS down
to his few remaining students. Not surprising, but not the greatest
thing one would want to hear.

Kinda like McDonald's bitching about Burger King.

---------------------

> Since none of this is dated or given a clear reference it's hard
> to tell what the actual comment was.

The actual comment, referring to the hyperventilation
technique, was "sweet poison," and we know it was made
prior to 1998, i.e., well before the TMO could be said
to have been "lost" to Shankar's "now larger and more
vital movement" or that it was a putdown of Shankar by
MMY to MMY's "few remaining students."

As noted, Shankar had broken with the TMO sometime not
long prior to 1994, so the "sweet poison" warning
would have had to have been issued at some point in
between then and 1998.