--- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> on 11/14/05 9:23 AM, L B Shriver at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > snip
> >>
> >> As noted, Shankar had broken with the TMO
> sometime not
> >> long prior to 1994, so the "sweet poison" warning
> >> would have had to have been issued at some point
> in
> >> between then and 1998.
> >>
> > ********
> >
> > 1993 at the DC course.
>
> Around that time, my friend Dean Draznin was
> appointed or volunteered to
> walk into a Ravi Shankar meeting in the DC area and
> read a prepared
> statement, written either by Maharishi or some TMO
> higher up (I can check
> with Dean if anyone really wants to know). That
> statement included the
> phrase that SSRS was offering people "sugar-coated
> poison".

I heard about this incident from Ronnie Newman, former
TMer who was and still working for SSRS. She saw Dean
and said hi and asked what he was doing there. When
Dean tried to speak she told him not to. Dean was
trying to be rude by calling SSRS, Mr. Shankar and
denouncing his actions because he did not talk about
his past association with the TMO. It was like when a
"Christian" fundamentalist would show up at a TM intro
lecture and speak with such great conviction about how
they were right and you were wrong. The poor audience
is usually left completely baffled by this display of
spiritual arrogance.

http://mail.yahoo.com