--- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > --- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> "authfriend"
> sometime not
> warning
> point in

> area and
> TMO
> That
> "sugar-coated
> > >
> > > I heard about this incident from Ronnie Newman,
> former
> > > TMer who was and still working for SSRS. She saw
> Dean
> > > and said hi and asked what he was doing there.
> When
> > > Dean tried to speak she told him not to. Dean
> was
> > > trying to be rude by calling SSRS, Mr. Shankar
> and
> > > denouncing his actions because he did not talk
> about
> > > his past association with the TMO. It was like
> when a
> > > "Christian" fundamentalist would show up at a TM
> intro
> > > lecture and speak with such great conviction
> about how
> > > they were right and you were wrong. The poor
> audience
> > > is usually left completely baffled by this
> display of
> > > spiritual arrogance.
> >
> > Sounds pretty crazy. So the beef was with SSRS
> supposedly not being
> > true to his roots a la TM? Or were there specifics
> with regard to
> > the sugar coated poison thing? Hell of a label by
> the way...
>
> That referred specifically to the hyperventilation
> (Sudarshan Kriya) technique.  MMY is also supposed
> have said it was "dangerous."
>
> There's lots of stuff about Shankar on
> alt.meditation.transcendental.  Do a search for
> "Ravi Shankar" rather than "SSRS," though.

I've been doing Sudarshan Kriya regularly along with
my TM/TM-sidhi program for 15 years now. I really
enjoy the technique. It pushes prana into your body
and purifies it. Some TMer's like it and some can't
stand it. What I like about the Art of Living
organization is  SSRS and the contact I've had with
him. It took me a while to let go around him because I
was so used to the formality of MMY and the TMO. But
he's the bee's knees!

http://mail.yahoo.com