From: "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

On 10/30/2014 09:13 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

> [...]
                                        from a famous French jeweler:
                                        YES

>-- Free app that runs on a free
                                        platform on cheap telephones: NO

>:-)

Yup they wouldn't be absurdly rich if they weren't so narcissistic.

Indeed. Suffice it to say I'm not a rich person. I'm not poor by any stretch of
the imagination, but I really never cared enough about being rich to try to get
that way, so I didn't. But for some reason I've managed to know and interact
with a few rich people in my life, and that experience has left me with an
enduring curiosity about them.

For this reason every so often I pick up a copy of one of those
10-12-Euros-a-pop glossy magazines around here that obviously cater to the
rich. I like to do this primarily for the ads in the magazines -- I like to see
what rich people's "consumer items" are, as opposed to what yours and mine are.

It's utterly fascinating. $50,000 fountain pens. $100,000 bicycles. Cars that
turn into helicopters. Wretched excess, in sharp, professionally-done
photographic splendor in every ad. I make it a point to buy one of these
magazines at least once a year and peruse it thoroughly to help me remember to
be grateful that I'm *not* rich, and thus *not* looking at it as an
advertisement for what my life should look like.

On 10/30/2014 06:51 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

>>How about a watch that displays the position of the six planets visible from
>>the Earth, in real time. A bargain at only $250,000.
>>

>>Van Cleef & Arpels Complication Poétique Midnight Planétarium
>>

>>Van Cleef & Arpels Complication Poétique Midnight Planét...
>>

>>View on www.youtube.com Preview by Yahoo

    • [Fairfield... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... salyavin808
      • [Fairf... nablusoss1008