--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In my direct
> > experience with MMY and SSRS, their darshan is vast
> > and powerful...infinite Shiva.
>

> An honest question and sincere point:
>
> I am wondering what you feel from your wife's "darshan"? Or
attention
> on the love you have for her?
>
> The point I am trying to get at is distinguishing what comes from
> inside us, but we attribute to others, and what really comes from
> "outside".
>
> Which is sort of silly when we ae discussing "infinite Shiva" --
its
> all inside and outside.
>
> But that sort of gets to the point. I find, that when focussing on
> loved one, love fills you up, and all sorts of energy dynamics can
> unfold, lots of powerful stuff can happen. And one attributes it to
> the other, but its really just love within oneself unfolding.
>
> So thats the case with "ordinary folks" (not to imply your wife is
> ordinary).
>
> Is it (any) different with "saints"? I know that sounds like a
silly
> question and makes it seems I have never been in the presence of
> saints and felt powerful and wonderful things. I have. But still,
it
> begs the question, how much is coming from them, how much is just
real
> inner stuff bubbleing up because we are focussed on something that
> invokes love and surrender?
>
> MMY has wonderful lectures on "you think its all coming from the
> teacher, but the teahcer does nothing, it all comes from the
student.
> Like a resevoir does nothing, its the pipe that makes the
conection.
> Like a golden chain .... "
>
> And "love comes from you, not from the one you love...."
>
> Both quote streams are related to what i am trying to get at with
the
> darshan experience -- but are not 100% dead-on.
>
> And many devotees make the (non) distinction that "here or there,
in
> their physiccal presence, 10,000 miles away, the guru is aways
there,
> full as full can be."
>
> Has anyone figured out this "distinction" of wholeness and its
> "source" in saint darshan? How much is coming from the Saint?

Its a resonance thing. The saint is awake. When we awaken in the
same way, we think it is the saint. But it isn't. Its both. Same
with a loved one. Its both. Which is why as we develop, it doesn't
much matter if it is a tree or a saint or a piece of gum or a dog or
the morning breeze, same effect.

What originally made us go Wow! is pretty much everywhere. Not a
whole lot of difference. More oneness, less otherness, less wowness,
more isness...