 Wish I could see it - its only viewable if one resides in the UK

 That's a shame, it's a real treat. Here's a synopsis;

 He started out on his magic career trying to outdo his hero, Houdini, and did
really well until he broke his neck when a stunt backfired and he nearly
drowned. After that he concentrated on unmasking what he saw as evil magicians
who claim to have real magical powers, channeller's and faith healers, to strat
with.

 Peter Popoff was a real Praise the Lord tubthumper and "miraculous" healer who
would be better off in jail, he got unveiled when an aide of Randi noticed he
had a earpiece so Randi hired a PI with the equipment to listen in on the
broadcast and then arired it in the Johnny Carson (?) show.

 Uri Geller was his big catch, he'd been studied at Stanford and declared to
have interesting powers. Randi was contacted by Johnny Carson (?) as he was
having Geller on his show and wanted to see Randi he thought. He said BS and
gave them a set of instructions to follow to control Gellers "magical"
abilities and lo and behold, Geller failed to perform on the show, claiming his
powers were weak that night.

 Emboldened by this and disappointed with the scientists at Stanford, Randi
launched his Alpha project whereby he trained a couple of aspiring magicians
how to fool scientists and they went off to be studied and were again found to
be exhibiting magical powers. There were red faces all round when they admitted
the hoax. But it was the scientists own fault as Randi had even written to them
telling them how to set controls for testing psychic claims.

 Randi became a media star but got a lot of abuse from audiences which
surprised him as he thought he was doing them a favour in stopping then getting
ripped off. Turns out people prefer the comforting illusions, we've all been
there. I thought Randi's final victory is that Uri Geller doesn't claim to be
psychic any more.

 All in all he came over as a really kind, funny and entertaining guy who just
wanted to stop fraudsters ripping off the unwary (pretty much everyone else on
Earth). And parapsychology is much improved because of Randi's experimental
testing methods, much to the annoyance of a great many hopeful claimers of his
million dollar challenge. There wasn't much mention of  that part of his career
as most of the rest of the show concentrated on his personal life which was
really sweet and made me cry at the end.