The strange thing is that one hardly sees so much anger and frustration in the
real world as on FFL. Even people who deal with heavy problems like living on
the streets, addicts of all kinds very often have the Insight to see from where
their problems stem; themselves. Not so on FFL.
 Me thinks my old theory still holds; many of the participants here are
quitters that jumped the ship that could have brought them safely across the
Ocean (as Muktanda described TM). Unconsciously they know this but instead of
analyzing themselves honestly they start to kick in all other directions than
where a kick would be justified; their own butt. Add to this the fact that many
have reached an age where bitterness and anger perhaps is irreversable.
 Particularily they blame the only Saint they ever knew for their failure not
realizing he was only there to guide and inspire, the real work had to be done
by the student himself. Not having the inclination towards self-discipline any
path requires anger builds up and eventually catch fire - as seen on a daily
basis by several poor souls here on FFL.

 I don't understand this non-issue that Share has created. The article I
posted, specifically listed seven techniques to deal with toxic people, and
Share gets hung up on the title! She also has an awful lot to say about what
"we" would do, if... I used it as an opportunity to use technique #1, "set
limits", not that Share is toxic, but she sometimes writes, before thinking it
through.

 I recognize that B fits the stereotype of a toxic individual, with his button
pushing and desire to "get in touch with his inner asshole" (his words, not
mine...). However, I also recognize that his life is basically over - He
doesn't have the strength for a jog around the block, and his mind is growing
feeble. All my life I have defended the underdog, and even now, with B spouting
his usual, I cannot get angry with him. My heart pities him. He doesn't have
much of a life, and if he needs to spend it on here denigrating others, so be
it. He is easy enough to ignore.

 I worked with a few people at the nursing home, filled both with rage and
dementia, and there is not much to do, except wait for them to settle down of
their own accord, usually after mealtimes.

 As Nabby mentioned about these types, their self anger catches fire, and all
we can do is watch it burn out of control.

 Ann, I'd say it depends on your intention, esp your general intention in
living. Do you want to benefit yourself and others? Or do you want to do harm?
As for the rest, I think it's pretty simple. If someone is harming us and won't
stop, then we remove ourselves from their life. If someone is harming others
and won't stop, then we put them in jail until they can be rehabilitated.

 Sometimes jail is not possible and I personally don't think jail cures anyone
of anything, in fact, jail mostly makes bad guys badder. And of course you are
talking about a criminal level of toxicity when you talk about jail. Most of
the toxicity is not something you could incarcerate someone for. I'm talking
garden variety toxicity.

 Here online, if someone says something untrue, we say what is true. If someone
says something we don't agree with, we say we don't agree. If someone is a
jerk, we say we think that, ONE time. To say it over and over is imo a sign
that the name caller is projecting and or venting.

 I think a lot of the nastiness online is people venting what they are
unwilling or unable to vent about in their 3D life.

 If the asshole keeps on and on and on then one time is often not enough in
terms of responding to it or attempting to deflect the untruths or negativity.
When someone keeps farting in the room you just can't get away with opening the
window once.

 Again, my opinion.

 Ditto.