 A woman just committed suicide with the aid of doctors in Oregon.  Is this
justifiable in your own thinking?

 Of course! You wouldn't let a dog suffer like that. It's only the religious
that object to it due to worries about their "immortal soul". They are most
welcome to die in miserable agony if that is their desire. Everyone should have
that right, but give me the morphine!

 But I don't see why they should have a say in what the rest of us choose, or
don't they in America? In the UK the church is part of the establishment and
Bishops get a say in legislation. Can be good, can be bad, it depends on them
as people, but them having a block vote and making rules based on the pure
conjecture of an immortal soul strikes me as outdated.

 Vatican thinker brands US woman's suicide 'wicked'
http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-thinker-brands-us-womans-suicide-wicked-155629813.html

http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-thinker-brands-us-womans-suicide-wicked-155629813.html

 Vatican thinker brands US woman's suicide 'wicke...
http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-thinker-brands-us-womans-suicide-wicked-155629813.html
 A senior Vatican official has condemned as "wicked" the assisted suicide of
Brittany Maynard, an American woman suffering from terminal brain cancer. &...

 View on news.yahoo.com
http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-thinker-brands-us-womans-suicide-wicked-155629813.html
 Preview by Yahoo