Given Aldous Huxley's words, very interesting, the growing acceptance of weed
in the US - I think two more states legalized, and the District of Columbia,
home of the Feds, this past election cycle.

 Aldous Huxley quote (1931):
 "So far as I can see, the only possible new pleasure would be one derived from
the invention of a new drug — of a more efficient and less harmful substitute
for alcohol and cocaine. If I were a millionaire, I should endow a band of
research workers to look for the ideal intoxicant. If we could sniff or swallow
sometone hahing that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our
solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of
affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but
divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring
drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head
and an undamaged constitution — then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not
merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly
solved and earth would become paradise."

 Sounds great - but I suspect that humans are so constituted that changing our
brains with chemicals is always going to have unwanted side-effects.

 I used to buy Ritalin over the counter, in Macau, and did a fair amount -
Yuck. Couldn't get weed, but any big pharma drug was there for the taking. Bad
situation.

 Re "Cocaine DEFINITELY sucks":

 Amen to that. Like you I only tried it a few times and the after-effects were
a warning I heeded. Ditto speed.

 God knows what I'd have felt like after a methamphetamine binge (the drug of
choice today) - pretty sure I'd be suicidal.

          • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • Re: [FairfieldL... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]