 Modern art tends to be a turn off for me but this artistic installation
entitled Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red has seen the Tower of London's dry
moat filled with over 800,000 ceramic poppies (888,246 poppies to be exact -
one for each British and Colonial fatality during the War) to create a powerful
visual commemoration for the First World War Centenary. It's been an amazing
success, attracting huge crowds, as it is both simple and moving.

 Yes and strangely beautiful. I think it is so easy to forget what has been
sacrificed for certain freedoms and also for stupid reasons and because of
power-hungry bastards who insist on making this beautiful world quite horrific
through the need to dominate and/or fill their bellies with more than their
fair share. I am not one who goes out to watch the ceremonial parades or to
take much time to really give tribute to those who have suffered and died and
lost. But this particular installation which is part art and part memorial is
astounding.

 Look what they've done in England to commemorate the fact that humans insist
on war and much blood has been shed. But also see how creative and beautiful
this memorial to the horrendous losses can be. Stunning.

  • [FairfieldLife] Incre... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLi... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [Fairfie... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]