I like it. It's also good to remember that the English always beat the Germans
at war, but the Germans almost always beat England at soccer. Thank God it's
not the other way round.

 Re "I think it is so easy to forget what has been sacrificed for certain
freedoms and also for stupid reasons":

 Sainsbury has produced a Christmas TV ad based on the actual occasion in 1914
when Brit and German troops fraternized on Christmas Day, 1914. It's attracted
criticism for exploiting the event for commercial reasons but it seems rather a
sweet clip to me. Bars of chocolate (mimicking the design of the one featured
in the ad) will be sold in Sainsbury stores with all profits going to veterans'
charities.

 What do you make of it?
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM