That's cool Curtis.

 Yes, of course the cat likes my wife who is the provider of food.

 And I will sometimes insist on petting it, and then it can't resist the
scratching under the chin, and will even start purring, but then it forgets
that episode in a matter of minutes.

 I just feel cheated, because they are always a few minutes when I want to sit
and watch some TV with a kitty on my lap, but he's chillin in some other corner
of the house.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote :

 Hey, thanks Curtis.

 Ever since I viewed that video about Anna Breytenbach that Ann posted I've
tried my hand communicating with the doggies next store,and our cat, who is
afraid of me, even after ten years of kindness, and not particularly sociable
to anyone in the family.

 I cannot report much in the way of results, but it has opened a channel for
me, that heretofore, I had not really thought much about.

C: Some kitties have a wild gene that makes them spooky for life. I usually
make friends the old fashioned way with food. Is your cat friendly with the
person who feeds it? You can make yourself the source of food by doling out the
food whenever you are home. Cats are opportunists which is why we have any
association with basically a wild animal. Whenever you see your cat, try and
establish eye contact and blink or look away. That is cat for "everything is
cool." Do you have a chase toy like a feather on a string with a stick for you
to hold and fling the thing around? If a cat associates you with their
continual martial arts training that can build a bond.

But as I said in the beginning, some cats are just on flight or flight (I
intended it that way!) You only win them over in inches. But even an inch into
another creature's world can feel good sometimes.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 I am fascinated by animal intelligence and am always curious if I can breach
the rapport barrier and connect with their intelligence enough to understand a
little bit of what is going on in there. Although I know this may be verging on
an idiotic question Ann, I will ask it anyway. Can you describe at all what
your impression is of what is going in in a horse's mind enough to describe
some qualities of it?

I have had profound connections with a squirrel monkey, cats dogs and ferrets.
(I am excluding gerbils because the obvious jokes would just write themselves.)
In my interactions with them I have come to some conclusions about how they are
processing the world differently from each other, and from me. It is all
borderline fantasy, but if you interact enough you kind of get a sense, like
feeling some object in the dark and drawing conclusions.

I hope that serves as a writing prompt because I love when you write about
horses here.

 This is an interesting experience that always happens when I practice TM with
my wife. I can feel my nearly pure awareness contact hers, and then the
boundary is gone, and it is simply oneness, without boundary or ownership. I
always flinch mentally, just as the boundary dissolves. It is as if I am
suspended in an empty room, dimly lit by blue lights, and I sense another room,
this one also empty, but dimly lit by purple lights. Then, suddenly the divider
between the two is gone, and it is one room. This is probably more common that
it sounds, especially given Share's experience in the dome ("ovals of light").

 I only get this riding my horse! The athletic movement of the horse and
finding the way in which my body can work and move with his back is the goal.
Couple that with the mental partnership of asking and responding and you can
start to appreciate why this sport is so amazing. You take an animal with its
own free will, its own ideas and you take its strong body and you sit on that
body and communicate through touch what you would like to do and lo and behold,
the horse responds and then your responsibility is to find a way to stay out of
the horse's way, to integrate yourself with its mind and its physicality in
order to become one thing moving as dynamically and effortlessly as possible
through space. It really is all that!