What a bunch of BS, Curtis. I have seen you be a sneaky, underhanded,
back-stabbing little shit on here, much more than once, which you then seek to
bury, rationalize, and justify, under a ton of words. You are not evil, Curtis,
waaay too petty to be evil - just a mean-spirited, and unsuccessful, jerk.

 This word-flood isn't working, no matter how much rational Curtis, has
convinced asshole Curtis, that it is.

 So, save this favorite story for your gullible friends - The rest of us see
right through you. Have a nice day. :-)
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

  WGM4U: Curtis-wiki is useful, but not the final word.

C: I only went there for the quote, I already knew what the phrase meant and
used to own the gag statue.

 WGM4U: Hear, see and speak no evil is just a catch-all phrase meaning stay on
the positive side of life, IMHO. If you entertain evil, indulge in evil, speak
evil it pollutes your own soul, why gossip? You take on that evil, it 'soils'
your own soul. It doesn't mean we don't see things for what they are, we just
don't indulge in them in the same manner. MMY was saying the same thing, I hope
this helps you understand MMY better.

C: I believe that Maharishi's purpose was much more specific than telling us to
be good boys and girls and don't be bad boys and girls. I am not sure what you
mean by "entertaining" evil? Serving it drinks?  After a few bourbons evil
always gets grab-assy. I guess indulging in evil is doing evil things which is
kind of obvious. Of course the people likely to hear and heed such a warning
are not likely to be evil doers in the first place. The value of it is kinda
thin practically speaking. And I am not sure what you mean by "speaking evil."
Buck is using it to mean anyone who states his disagreement with  Maharishi's
teaching, so I am not sure what standard is being invoked here. I think it is
nicer to not be a dick to people, but that is more my preference from my
upbringing than anything else.  The reason people gossip is to check their
social values allignement with other people in their tribe. It has a value
which is why it is so popular. But it doesn't have anything to do with my
discussions here. I am not gossiping about Maharishi when I present my POV on
him and his teaching.

What the phrase see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil implies is to put your
head in the sand and ignore "evil." This is Maharishi's teaching about how to
deal with people like me who disagree with his philosophy. Buck is violating
Maharishi's rule about ignoring people who don't play along with the
assumptions of the movement. In the movement people like me are demonized as
being "evil" when we speak up about our POV. It is a cult move to protect the
beliefs. But this principle gets very tricky when you deal outside the closed
belief system of a cult mindset.

Do you remember the Age of Enlightenment News we used to read to course
participants, stripped of any "negative" news? Is it entertaining negativity to
know about schools being de-funded and  fighting back against the politicians
who are doing it? Should we just not see this evil, or hear about it?  Screwing
kids out of their chance out of a good education is evil in my book, but should
I ignore it? What about child abuse? It is by any standard evil right? Should
we not see or hear about it, should we not speak out against it and fight it
where we can?

And what about if we believe in our hearts that a philosophy is flawed and does
harm through irrational beliefs? Is it wrong to notice that people who are
killing the last of our tigers and rhinos on the planet because they believe in
THEIR hearts that these animal's body parts have magical properties? Should we
see this evil and confront it on the level of education against this irrational
belief? Or should we see no evil?

And what if after 15 years studying Maharishi's teaching and experiencing his
programs I came to the conclusion that there are faults in his assumptions
about what these states of mind mean. What if I sincerely believed that my
experience in the group was a valuable insight about the teaching from the
perspective of an insider. What if I felt that my POV was as valuable as anyone
else's who promote Maharishi's teaching. Am I being "evil" for expressing my
opinion on an open forum?

 WGM4U: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye
therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt 10:16 King James

C: I like poetry as much as the next literature fan. But in a world of wolves,
sheep and doves get eaten. I would rather be a human who knows all about the
habits of wolves so I can steer clear of them or if necessary, deal with them.
Sheep and doves are both dumb as rocks. They are terrible metaphors for how
people should live in the world.

But hey, I appreciate your extending the conversation, I really do. We don't
agree about this it seems, or at least are seeing it in completely different
ways. If your way suits you, more power to you. I am just grateful for an
opportunity to write about how I feel about it and for that, I thank you.