 Re "The multiverse is a theory . . . I don't see why atheists would use this
theory to support their idea that there is no God.":

 There is no evidence for there being any multiverses - it is as much a leap of
faith as believing in God. The "God option" really means you have trust in
whatever is unfolding.

 There might be soon. David Deutsch, who runs the quantum computing lab at
Oxford, makes the case that multiverse theories are the simplest way of
explaining quantum theory. Most other physicists disagree due to lack of
evidence but he intends to prove it using a virtual reality program of an atom
running on a quantum computer.

 I don't fully get what he's going on about but apparently there is a way that
quantum computers can reveal how they work while they are doing computations
about themselves (!), this will tell us a lot about what sort of universe we
live in. All we need is a computer we don't have yet that exploits Qbits, the
ability of things in the quantum world to be in potentially two, or more,
places at once. But they are on the way. I get the impression that if he pulls
it off he'll be the most famous scientist since Einstein but it's a long way
away. But quantum computing is the future whatever it tells us.

 But as I said in another post, this in't the multiverse you are talking about
but they might be provable - should they exist. Maybe cosmologists should just
start again. Wouldn't be the first time...

    • [Fairfield... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]