All moot questions, because, as we know, Barry is a theist, in belief, if not
in declaration.

 He just prefers to call it intelligence.

 Otherwise he has no explanation for the belief in life after death views he's
shared, including his own past life experiences.

 A better question would be how he explains that.

 I have previously asked him, and he says, as he likes to say about most things.

 "Doesn't matter.  Nothing would change for me"

 Oooookayyyy.

 And then, there's the familiar Barry ploy of framing the believer point of
view, in a narrow framework that really doesn't reflect the reality of the
situation.