Salyavin,

 I do not think I have heard before the phrase 'professionally offended', what
a wonderful concept. I know people like this, where every other sentence is a
complaint about this or that in their lives, almost invariably what someone
else said or did. I tend to distinguish between real physical pain caused by
what people do, and mental pain caused by a person's conditioning. One can have
both compassion and empathy for the former, and up to a point compassion for
the latter, but self-inflicted mental pain gets no empathy from me; I have had
enough of my own in that department, and it was all on me, not someone else;
it's something a person can do something about to correct unless they are
totally incapable of listening and evaluating what other people say, in which
case they are logically a lost cause, and one must let them remain in hell.

 As for Share's comment, if you do something that is wilfully malicious
directed at a person, apologies are in order if the other person has a real
innocence about them, which is usually not the case here on FFL where at least
somewhere in our lives we have been well seasoned ass-holes ourselves, and the
case that came up today was certainly in the latter category. If a person is 50
years old and still a professional complainer, then they sure as hell have not
been living on Earth all this time, but living in some isolated mental fantasy
world.

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/08/signe_t470.gif?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7d3a332b26

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/08/signe_t470.gif?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7d3a332b26

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/08/signe_t470.gif?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7d3a332b26

 http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/08/signe_t470....
http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/08/signe_t470.gif?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7d3a332b26

 View on media.spokesman.com
http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/08/signe_t470.gif?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7d3a332b26

 Preview by Yahoo

 Salyavin, if I apologize, what's included is an intention to avoid doing the
hurtful behavior in the future. Heck we all do awful stuff sometimes. I think
it's a valid part of relating to others that we acknowledge our part in their
upset and then soldier on.

 Yes, the operative word here is IF. Trouble is these days a lot of people
think that because they are offended by something it automatically follows that
someone has done something wrong and should apologise. It seems like simply
being offended gives them the right to control other's opinions. Beats me.