Re "Sometimes nice gets in the way of getting to the bottom of philosophical differences.":

On 12/2/2014 11:31 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Like you, I think that in the "thought experiment" situation I concocted most everyone would get along just fine and have a good laugh about their past squabbles. It would clear the air and FFL would be sweetness and light for the following weeks - before the lack of real human contact would bring back the cold sneering!

/Addressing the important issues!

In the real world, anyone that calls the cops and informs on people would be ostracized from the community and shunned, and/or the rat would be forced to move out out of the neighborhood.

In the virtual world you might get away with finking on your friends, because you're dealing with fictional people posting under an alias. But, the same rules apply - unless the forum is populated with other informants who lack any kind of integrity or balls.

Nobody seems to want to talk about Barry calling in the International Police on the forum. I thought at least one person would acknowledge this fact and want to discuss it. It looks like I was mistaken.

There's not going to be any "sweetnes and light" on this forum, as far as I'm concerned, until Barry calls off the cops. YMMV./

Maybe FFL should have regular Skype-type conference calls to re-calibrate FFL members back to "fully functioning human" level . . .

/There's only one solution to this situation: Barry must apologize to the entire group and leave the group and never to return. His name is FINK all over the internet. Do you really want to be his enabler, Seraphita?/

  • [FairfieldLife]... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]