--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 MMY was a Hindu monk and never claimed to be enlightened, I personally don't
think he was. However TM works, that should be a relevant factor in the overall
merits of the TM program IMHO.

C: Whenever I see this statement I find it curious. The guy set up an
organization based entirely on the assumption of his enlightenment. He never
had to say "I am enlightened" he created the context in which we all related to
him in this way. There was no context that I was ever in around him where this
assumption was not the guiding principle under which we related to every word
that came out of his mouth. It was the assumption that lay behind his
commentaries on scriptures or lines from the Vedas, and everything else he
wrote or spoke about. He looked at every subject from this assumptive
perspective explicitly. He had the most through indoctrination program to
instill this belief in us all that I can conceive of.

What else could he have done to convey this assumption? I can't think of
anything undone to this end. A verbal affirmation would be a step back from the
institution he build on the foundation of this assumption.

I'm thinking that he did claim to be enlightened, could you tell?