I saw him on Batgap before seeing him on FFL. He totally put me off. He comes
across so extrovert and superficial - no thank you. And then his silly
insistence for acknowledging his 'enlightenment'. Even the word 'The_Peak' is a
commedy.

The first thing, I look for, in anyone claiming any sort of 'enlightenment' is
a sense of detachment. The people I know whom I regard as enlightened, have a
strong sense of inner independence and detachment. You can feel it in the air.
That is very different from compassion and love, which is the next thing to
look for.

This is simply missing. Maybe the Bhagavad Gita is after all wrong that there
are no signs for enlightenment, or maybe there are no signs for enlightenment,
but there are some signs for non-enlightenment. So, all in all I found him
shallow, easily upset and rude.

I remember Maharishi warning us from 'moody Brahman', I understand today, to be
a sort of mixed up realization, not grounded, down-to-earth,  and with
delusional fantasies.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I watched the entire video of Jim, as he was making such a fuss on FFL. I
found his explanation of his experience rather opaque. I do think he had some
sort of intense opening but because his explanations do not have a lot of
intellectual resolution, I find them difficult to parse. Basically he says he
is in silence 24/7 which could place him in CC territory, but he avoided saying
much more so its ambiguous. As we have been discussing, CC is not such a great
hot state, and seems rather common now among meditators of various meditation
systems. In observing meditators for some four decades, I do not find that
people's personalities change that much.

 I had mini awakenings long ago, but as time has passed found that it is very
easy to over-interpret their significance and 'depth'. A really solid awakening
pretty much knocks you off the saddle of whatever horse you happen to be
riding, and can take years to assimilate what was experienced.

 Ravi's video was pulled, so I never saw it. I found a blog he has. He seems
much more rational there than when he was on FFL, even though I do not agree
with his view of things. I guess it is easier to sound rational when people are
not calling you on your game.

 Ravi was interviewed on BATGAP?!?! I did not know that. Too bad Rick never got
Robin and Andy on tape - then he could'a done a round table interview with all
of them and labeled it the 4 Horsemen interview.