 :
 And, of course, the purpose of any group like this, should be to try to share
some experiences, and insights.

So, why do you never share either experiences or insights?

But, usually the temptation to become troll like is too great, and before long
the interaction deteriorates along those lines.

 "I'm not a troll, he's a troll"

 "Huh. How dare you imply I'm a troll"

 "You want troll, I'll give you troll"

 "Okay, I'll see your trollness, and raise you by five degrees of troll"

 Announcer: And so the ends the latest installment of "How the Trolls Turn.
Join us next week, when the trolls take their troll battle across the Atlantic
to Merry Old England"

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 For one thing, Doug has not taken any visible actions so far, so we do not
know how he is evaluating our content against the guidelines. The  guidelines
seem to me to be aimed at 'person hood', that is, the way humans think they are
an individual person or soul, a personal unique identity, whereas spirituality
considers our identity to be something much more extensive than that, the goal
of spirituality being to shift the sense of ego off to the side and replace it
with a less fragile identity.

 So it would seem that to implement the guidelines one would have first to have
a comment that is offensive to a particular person, aimed at that particular
person, not simply just posted without reference to someone currently on the
group that is a part of the ongoing conversation. The violator needs a target,
the violatee, and the comment must squarely aim at the violatee.

 For example there is a wide range of intelligence here. Now somebody, we are
not saying who, must be the stupidest person on FFL, though in all fairness,
they may have all moved over to The Peak, that phallic symbol pointing up into
the sky. Once we discover the stupidest person here, one of us, or several of
us need to attack that person's 'person', their ego, by implying directly and
forcefully they are in fact, not just in surmise, the stupidest person on FFL.

 Then, Doug has to determine if the stupidest person here person has been
sufficiently maligned to warrant action against the violator for having pointed
out a simple fact. If in fact this fact is true rather than false, is it a
violation of the guidelines to point out a true fact? In that case the
guidelines would seem to be encouraging us to lie, which is considered an
unsavoury characteristic to have, lowering our veracity and social status. Thus
the guidelines might seem to encourage social misbehaviour by encouraging
devious thinking and prevarication.

 Another aspect of the guidelines is in encouraging ego preservation on a
spiritual forum; they undermine spirituality by protecting that very aspect of
human perception that spirituality considers problematical, the ego being a
false idea of self, the idea the self is a limited body-mind in a terrifying
universe rather than unconstrained awareness that is the very nature of the
world we see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. Awareness itself has no
characteristics other than existence, it is absolutely neutral as far as
experience is concerned; it does not care one way or another what it
experiences. Only the false self cares. So how much should we, under the
auspices of those guidelines, coddle that corruptible crybaby whose only effect
is to diminish our true nature and shackle us with the chains of mortal fear?

 as I said yesterday, and I've not been proven wrong.....so far......

 we can expect a non stop campaign by Barry to undermine the new moderator
installed by Rick.

 and we know why this is

 to cut Barry off from his overriding need he has to be in conflict with other
people, and to demean their beliefs and opinions, is something that will be
fought against, tooth and nail.

 according to Xeno, and I quote (mostly),

 "Barry is creative enough to find a way to participate within the new
guidelines"