I only bring it up, because evidently they did have cameras filming 24/7 for
about a week.

 And if you listen to the explanation of how this could be from one of the
Buddhist priests there, he does offer an explanation based on a phenomenon
sometimes seen in this type of Buddhist meditation.

 I don't recall the exact mechanics.  It is quite specific, and about half into
it, IIRC.

 Of course, you can say it is fraud, and for all I know it is.

 However, at least this account is a little more air tight.

 As for living on fresh air based on "belief"?

 That would be an eye opener.

 .

 Speaking of unexplained phenomena in the here and now, what would you make of
something like this?

 First of all, consider the source.

 Second, people can't live without burning calories, try it if you like - but
not for long.

 Third, every other recent case of people living on air or sunlight has turned
out to be a fraud.

 Four, why do people think it amazing or spiritual if people could live on
fresh air? I think it's because this would be an outward symbol of inner
changes that we don't understand. That eating is some sort of attachment and
that they are now connected to some higher source that sustains them. It
doesn't appeal to me anyway, life without chocolate cake isn't higher at all.

 “Buddha Boy” Goes 10 Months Without Food Or Water, Scientific Community Is
Baffled
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/07/buddha-boy-goes-10-months-without-food-or-water-scientific-community-is-baffled/

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/07/buddha-boy-goes-10-months-without-food-or-water-scientific-community-is-baffled/

 “Buddha Boy” Goes 10 Months Without Food Or W...
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/07/buddha-boy-goes-10-months-without-food-or-water-scientific-community-is-baffled/
 Is it possible for humans to not eat or consume water for longer than 3 or 4
days? What used to be scientifically impossible is now under great question ...

 View on www.collective-evolut...
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/07/buddha-boy-goes-10-months-without-food-or-water-scientific-community-is-baffled/
 Preview by Yahoo

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 snip

 I agree with Michael, that the idea seems to be woo bullshit. In a scientific
system (physics) the differential equations can show the state of a system
past, present, and future, if you have some data to plug in, but the
indeterminacy effect of the statistical uncertainty in quantum mechanics makes
dredging up the past or predicting the future fuzzy. Also in Woo-land the
mechanics of how 'akashic records' could be accessed does not seem to be
described with any particular clarity. The only really certain thing is the
strong belief that people have in what they imagine to be true.

 It seems to me the universe has properties that prevent us from finding out
stuff beyond a certain level of detail. For example, the speed of light
prevents us from knowing what is happening in distant galaxies now, we only can
see the way they were millions of years ago.

 As usual, you are pretty funny Michael.

 Of course there have been numerous references to the Akashic Records before
Madame Blavatsky, they just didn't call them, the Akashic Records.

 Does that mean they are real?

 I don't hear anyone claiming they are, do you?

 But, with your permission, perhaps we can discuss the possibility.

 Might you be willing to entertain the idea that the akashic records are just
some esoteric bullshit that well meaning new age bullshiters made up, even if
they really believed in their existence? I definitely include C Lutes in the
ranks of esoteric new age bullshiters -for all his connections with Marshy and
his declaration of being enlightened, he was as much of a fringe guy as anyone
who ever gave a lecture

 Doesn't seem to be any record of akashic records before Blavatsky and her
theosophical kooks - they made it up. Good for psychics and other readers who
purport to read them  for folks, always for a fee of course.