> > > Lighten up, Lawson.  I was not laughing at the recent
> > > jibes made here about your medical condition, and do
> > > not support them.  I was laughing at Judy's compulsive
> > > rush to "defend" one of the people she views as a
> > > "comrade-in-arms" and supporter.  The 'codependency'
> > > Vaj jokes about is on her side, not yours.  I found
> > > it funny, that's all.
> >
> > Actually, I took it as a jibe at me since "co"-dependency
> > is, well, a two-way street.
> >
> > You can't have a single person be "co"-dependent.
>
> You are correct, of course. I was just chuckling
> at the 'dependency' Vaj nailed in someone who has
> made an Internet 'career' out of trying to convince
> others that she's "right" and that they pretty much
> have to agree with her. Once she recruits someone
> into the position of agreeing with her fairly consis-
> tently

In other words, *Lawson* is the co-dependent, the
one who is manipulated and controlled (or the "toady,"
as Barry is fond of putting it).

, then she seems compelled to dive in and
> "support" them any time they get into a challenging
> discussion.

Actually this is bullshit, of course.  I support
people who appear to me to be the target of unfair
criticism, whether I happen to agree with them or
not.  The idea of supporting someone just because
it's the right thing to do is not in Barry's
ethical vocabulary.

It's bullshit as far as Lawson is concerned as well.
He and I often disagree, but generally speaking we've
been able to do so amicably because we respect each
other.

All I ask of anyone is sincerity, fairness, and
intellectual (and factual) honesty, not agreement.

Oh, yeah, and the notion that *Barry* is somehow
above trying to convince people he's right is
laughable.  Try disagreeing with him sometime and
see how he treats you.  No matter how amicable you
are in your disagreement, no matter how often Barry
claims he's not trying to convince you of anything
and doesn't care if you think differently, you'll
be the target of his putdowns as long as the exchange
continues.

> So it's a dependency issue, not a co-dependency
> issue. Some people only feel comfortable about life
> when others agree with them on their illusions about
> it. Consensus reality, and all that...  :-)
>
> > > I think you've been showing admirable restraint lately
> > > with the knee-jerk posting thang, and have been putting
> > > much more thought into your replies before pushing Send.
> > > IMO, that's a good thing, both for yourself and for the
> > > forum.
> >
> > Think of them as koans... There's far more thought in my
> > one liners than in my stream-of-consciousness paragraphs...
>
> I had noticed that, actually.

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM