At last we can agree on something. You're right, I don't have any children at
MSAE, or anywhere else for that matter, although I hope you won't demand
proof of the latter.

The truth is, MSAE is a mixed bag. I taught there once, within the last decade,
although not for long. There were some students there who were outstanding
by any measure, some who were average and some who were, shall we say,
"challenged." The achievements are real, but it's a certain type of "ideal"
student who succeeds there, and if you don't fit the mold, it's not so easy for
you. Your points about capable teachers  leaving is valid, and this is cause
for
regret. Personally, I think it is ludicrous for the movement to charge a
million
dollars for a course and yet fail to adequately compensate its teachers at the
school. Were I in charge of MSAE (which is about as likely as my being
chosen by NASA for the first manned flight to Mars), I would run things
differently. It's founded on a brilliant idea -- holistic education with a
knowledge of the Self -- and I hope it finds a way of staying open in spite of
plunging enrollment. There are many important things it is doing right, and it
offers something that is not available in the public schools here.

> You can point to the same obviously biased "report" (conveniently sent
> to only a few TBs) over and over again as proof, but until I there are
> some statistics from an unbiased source, say the Iowa Dept of
> Education, simply saying, "It's true because they/I said so." doesn't
> mean much.
>
> You're taking this way too personally, Feste.  Who cares, really?
> Since, I assume, you don't have any kids in there, and I don't either,
> it doesn't matter very much.
>
> Sal
>

> On Dec 10, 2005, at 7:47 AM, feste37 wrote:
>
> > Wrong again, Sunshine. You still can't read.  The example came from the
> >  University Report, 2004-05, not the website. And if you think that
> > MSAE is
> >  simply lying about its accomplishments, that says more about you than
> >  it does about them.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM