Agreed. Thanks for raising the awareness about this issue Doug, but now that
the socially maladjusted members are gone for good from FFL, I side with feste
that nothing more need be done. The group can self-police itself pretty well at
this point, though stepping in with a reminder as you did, doesn't hurt.

 Posters here should be allowed to have an argument and express themselves
forcefully, in their own styles. In this case, it's not as if it is a daily
thing, as with the posters that were kicked out. Our Canadian friend is one of
our best contributors and should not be threatened with expulsion.

 You evidently are strayed off from the wide, straight and narrow ways of civil
discourse of the yahoo-groups guidelines with this thread. In a display of
self-moderation could you two take your personal banter off the list, remove
your last few posts yourself, or I'll be glad to take you both off the list.
Thanks, in advance.

 If you would like to remove the posts, that is your prerogative, Doug. It
doesn't matter to me one way or the other. emptypants is rude and offensive, at
the best of times. If he chooses to shout invectives at me in response to what
I have to say to him that is his business but I won't sit by and let him do so
without pushback. I have no emotion about empty one way or another. I have
opinions about him but no particular feeling. He is just a faceless poster on
the internet. If you felt that our interactions, such as they were, were
against the Yahoo guidelines than do what you have to do.

 Posting and reading here has been mostly fun. It is a chance to write and
think and play. Playing is mostly what I do. While I am serious on some
subjects and enjoy the opportunity to state how I feel, especially in the face
of those who disagree, I have no great need to be here and you can silence me
if that suits you and comes under the role of your moderator status at FFL. In
the meantime, I'll carry on.

  • [FairfieldLife] The Eurabi... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re: T... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLife] R... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]