---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 What you mention about someone with anger issues mucking up the whole
meditating community, is an odd effect from a technique that has so much to
offer. We all know the background of Maharishi not seeing a need for an
integration of the study of psychology with the benefits of TM, but this
appears to now have resulted in a serious problem wrt the movement's ongoing
liveliness.

 I guess the real question is: Why doesn't TM - if it has so much to offer -
not clear up people's anger problems?

 I guess I'm the naive one or maybe it was so long ago that I was involved in
TM and being around a bunch of meditators that I don't remember feeling this;
but I don't think I ever believed it could solve all the personality quirks and
hangups of people.

 You must never have read Marshy's book, The Science of Being and Art of
Living. It's the TM bible but I'm sure it's obvious to all by now - or should
be - that it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

 It's hardly a rare thing, my overriding memories of working in the TMO was of
highly stressed, angry and generally dysfunctional people. Not all of them by
any means, but enough to make a casual observer wonder what was going on. And
what seemed to be going on was that these people thought they were doing fine
because they were On The Program and thus their thoughts were in perfect accord
with Natural Law. Therefore any problems are with other people.

 Did most people you worked with really think they were in accord with natural
law?! So, they thought they were enlightened or something? Or did they just
think because they meditated they were suddenly part of some elite club of do
gooders?

 Both. And then some. Just like a lot of people here....Are you sure you
attended a movement facility?