--- TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > What strikes me as odd in these discussions is
> the
> > > degree of hostility. Why do people get so
> pissed-off
> > > if someone talks about some sort of Realization
> > > experience?
> >
> > Fear, plain and simple.
>
> I'd agree with fear in the sense of "fear of
> losing one's self (small s)."  When someone
> writes of an experience they have had, I
> usually get a non-verbal "hit" on what they've
> written that has nothing to do with the words.
> As Vaj has mentioned with regard to "Advaitaspeak,"
> *anyone* can talk the talk.  What I'm looking for
> is something that underlies the words that con-
> vinces me that the experience the person is
> talking about really happened. That "something,"
> for me, can only be felt intuitively.
>
> I guess my point is that I think *everyone* does
> the same thing, and feels intuitively which of
> the experiences discussed here are real and which
> might not be.  And it's that very intuition that
> scares the shit out of them when they feel a real
> one.

So you see what I'm talking about when I say some of
the responses are hostile? Your posts aren't hostile
so I'll ask you because some of these posters really
come across as angry in either a direct or a passive
way. What strikes me as odd is that they claim they're
not angry at all. Am I going mad or something? Some
"new" poster wants examples of what I'm referring to.
I'm not going to engage him because he has decided a
priori that he and others are not hostile. Then he
ends his post with a passive-agressive slam. There's
nothing wrong with being pissed-off, it's just that
you can't have a normal conversation with someone
peppering their posts with all this passive-aggressive
nonsense.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM