"..the physiological counterpart of kuurma-naaDii might well be the vagus
nerve, which is the main parasympathetic nerve,"

 In the human, who is the highest expression of God on earth, it is the vagus
or tenth cranial nerve that is the most receptive to this solar fire or energy,
the spiritual fire coming down, the fire of the macrocosm. This fire energizes
humans and uses them to express the qualities of love and wisdom.
 =Charlie Lutes

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <he...@hotmail.com> wrote :

 Number 5, at least in my set (English: BT?), is the one that seems to
correspond YS III 31:

 kuurma-naaDyaaM* sthairyam.

 Some translations:

 kUrmanaaDyaaM sthairyam
 [HA]:
Calmness Is Attained By Samyama On The Bronchial Tube.
 [IT]: (32):
 (By performing Samyama) on the Kurma-nadi steadiness.
 [VH]:
On the tortoise duct (tortoise), steadiness.
 [BM]:
From perfect discipline of the “tortoise vein,” one’s being becomes steady.
 [SS]: (32):
 By samyama on the kurma nadi (a subtle tortoise-shaped tube located below the
throat), motionless in the meditative posture is achieved.
 [SP]:
(32) By making samyama on the tube within the chest, one acquires absolute
motionlessness.
 [SV]: (32):

 On the nerve called Kurma (comes) fixity of the body.
 ---------
 I used to think that the "oiling" of joints, less tight muscles and harder
*rections after doing siddhis was mainly due to flying, but now it seems to me
the main culprit might well be actually the BT above, after doing it a couple
of times in isolation, or whatever.
 It seems to me the physiological counterpart of kuurma-naaDii might well be
the vagus nerve, which is the main parasympathetic nerve, I believe. Wiki:
  The parasympathetic system is responsible for stimulation of
"rest-and-digest" or "feed and breed"[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasympathetic_nervous_system#cite_note-2
activities that occur when the body is at rest, especially after eating,
including sexual arousal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_arousal,
salivation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salivation, lacrimation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears (tears), urination
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination, digestion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion and defecation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defecation. Its action is described as being
complementary to that of the sympathetic nervous system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_nervous_system, which is responsible
for stimulating activities associated with the fight-or-flight response
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response.

  (Sorry for my inaccurate wording. As I've told before, I'm a "grammarian",
certainly not a "semantician"!)

 * locative (in, at, on, into, etc) singular from naaDii

  • [FairfieldLife] K... he...@hotmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLi... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairfie... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [Fai... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]