 if you are the winner of a Ms. Universe contest and then you go on to gain 60
lbs., I'm not exactly sure you can say you are fulfilling the obligation for
that title.  There is a certain expectation of physical appearance that I would
think would go along with that role.

 Now, I would say that you should not ridicule or demean that person, but I can
understand if the owner of the contest might think, WTF?

 Here is something. How about Trump approaching the weight-gainer in private
and in a much more professional way? How about keeping these things from
becoming a media circus with cameras following her jumping rope and working the
weight machines and instead focus on an empathetic approach where there are no
insults thrown but perhaps you bring in an eating disorder professional to help
counsel the woman to help her find her way towards balanced lifestyle choices.
The extremes that these poor beauty queens have to go to in order to fulfill
the expectations of the public as a specimen with no fat, perfect boobs and
hair is likely to boomerang back the other way where you simply want/need to
eat after so much deprivation. Eating extremes/disorders are complicated
business and can last a lifetime. Someone like Trump worrying more about his
image in the pageant business than the mental and physical health of one of the
winners is indicative of what we all already know - it's all about him and the
rest of you be damned.

        • Re: ... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fai... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
        • Re: ... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]