 I did not watch the debate.  I watched only a small "hi-light" reel
afterwards.  But the impression I got was the the Clinton campaign instructed
Kaine to "go after Trump. rip him to shreds" which he attempted to do, but
didn't come off particularly well doing so.

 I felt, that if they had just let Kaine "be himself", things would have turned
out better.  We all know the debates run on emotion and appearances, so that
even if a person is lying, well, that may not actually go against them, in the
debate at least, and maybe not even after.

 But, maybe this idea of "being yourself" is just too naive an idea. On the
other hand, it often is what works in situations rather than going with
"formula"

 Any thought?

 I totally disagree with the 'pundits' on who "won" the debate. The only person
out there who told the truth and who had hard facts at his disposal (like
direct Trump and Pence quotes) was Kaine. He came off a bit awkward at first
firing accusations (timing wasn't great) but he got into the rhythm of the
thing as the debate went on and was reasonably formidable in his take down or,
at least, his confrontation of Pence concerning Trump and his ugly and ignorant
rhetoric. I thought Kaine's statement on women having the right to determine
what they do with their bodies was strong and as we now all know in the
aftermath, much of the way the debate played out was totally planned by the
Clinton campaign as a way to capture sound and video clips for their expose
spot afterwards to highlight the lies Pence was spewing the entire time. Just
because Pence can sit there like some robotic cadaver and speak in this
placating kind of marmish tone does not a debate winner make. I can't figure
out why this qualifies as making him the winner. He couldn't defend Trump
except to shake his head and priss his lips or outright lie. That is hardly a
strong defense of his running mate.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <salsunshineiniowa@...> wrote :

 Remember the nickname they gave Bush, the Smirking Chmip?    Pence could
easily be the Smirking Sociopath, he lies with such effortlessness and
oiliness.  Even against video evidence, it's like he's some alternate universe
or something.

Sal

 On Oct 5, 2016, at 9:55 AM, olliesedwuz@... mailto:olliesedwuz@...
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 There is a delusional element among the religious right, who fervently believe
that Trump is our next MESSIAH, the Great White Hope who will restore
righteousness among the wicked. Pence is clearly one of them. "Smirky" Pence,
the know-it-all, self-righteous, bible-thumping hypocrite.

I enjoyed Kaine, who comes across as sane, capable and tough. The 'debate' was
farcical though, with Smirky constantly trotting out lies, and Kaine refuting
them - So nothing new from that angle. Rote Republican desperation, and the
usual attempt by the only adult in the contest to stay in the domain of
reality.

Yeah, the Trump Toilet/Pence Paper ticket is one to avoid at all costs.

<awoelflebater@...> wrote :

<authfriend@...> wrote :

 For those uncertain as to how my last four posts relate to FFL's concerns as a
spiritual group: The Trump/Pence ticket is a blatant example of spiritual
degradation--lying, cheating, hypocrisy, and sheer recklessness with the
welfare of humankind. Anybody who is at all spiritually aware should oppose
these candidates with every fiber of their being.

 Trust me, every fibre of my being is resonating with contempt and an
understanding for how hideous the Trump/Pence ticket is. Between the
mono-syllabic undertaker and his bloated and corrupt running mate it is a
frightening and sickening to behold. My absentee ballot is sitting to the right
of me on my desk ready to be mailed and, believe me, it is for Hillary/Kaine -
my only regret is my one vote can't be counted as one million.

  • [FairfieldLife] R... anon_alias
  • [FairfieldLife] R... olliesed...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairfie... Sal Sunshine salsunshineini...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fai... olliesed...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]