Even the local election is a pain in the ass. Every day the mail carrier has to deliver a fist load of mailings from supporters of this and that city and county candidate and supporters of propositions. I got no less than seven of those yesterday. It's enough to make one write in "none of the above" for the candidates and "no" on most of propositions.

Yup, this may well be the last days of the republic.