Prophetic words from way back in 2010, "Wayback71" wrote then:  “Well, the
longer they keep willing people out of the Domes, the less likely it is that
they will ever return, even if restrictions are lifted some day or some year. I
would say if the policy is ever to be changed, the Rajas should do it really
soon. Or when they open the doors, there won't be anyone waiting to come in.”
“Buck” did comment back then too..
 Like quite a lot of Meditators in the dome now have 'not gone' to saints or
spiritual healers either(!). Given the personalities, it will probably not be
until a time comes after one current Prime Minister that anything like a
reconciliation in the TM movement could happen. But like the Society of Friends
with the loss of a lot of membership, shakti and resource in the meantime that
had previously been there, the Quakers never really recovered the same after
that old man's work had been done to the Society in those years.
 A good lesson.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"wayback71" <wayback71@...> wrote:

 > Well, the longer they keep willing people out of the Domes, the less likely
 > it is that they will ever return, even if restrictions are lifted some day
 > or some year. I would say if the policy is ever to be changed, the Rajas
 > should do it really soon. Or when they open the doors, there won't be anyone
 > waiting to come in.

 71,
 Yep. that essentially has happened already here.

 A similar thing happened in Quaker history.
 Memberships of activist anti-slavery Friends
 were administratively withdrawn. A particular
 tyrannical and dictatorial Yearly Meeting Clerk
 came out with Minutes instructing all the Monthly Meetings under their
 Yearly Meeting to go out and withdraw the memberships
 of known anti-slavery Friends.

 Technically there was a larger tiff that was going on
 more about 'protecting' the essentially spiritual practice of Friends
 and the use of the organizational structure and facility of the Society of
Friends by social activist activities.
 The conservatives saying that
 the Society was more strictly about spiritual practice as
 the Friend's unique Meeting for Worship (group meditation).

 Different Yearly Meetings handled the encroaching activism differently.
 Some just ignored it or said, "We're about spiritual practice, do that
activism over there, not here thank you, we are about doing this here..."

 So, this one rigid doctrinal guideline guy who was the Yearly Meeting Clerk
 of the Indiana Yearly Meeting (which Iowa was under at the time)
 came out with this minute directing all meetings under their
 jurisdiction to actively go out and separate abolitionists. The overall
membership at the time was quite large in America.

 There was a big 'Fuck You' from the separated Friends..
 It was not that so many Friends of that time were not also abolitionists.
 (Sort of like meditators seeing saints)
 This was a guide-lining administrative application of this one rigid guy.
 Reconciliation was not possible the way it was done under Indiana Yearly
Meeting.

 The separated Friends eventually were invited back after the old clerk had
died and passed away.
 Actually, it became his son who subsequently became the new Clerk of Indiana
Yearly Meeting and went out inviting old Friends back after the old man was
gone. That next generation.

 Lot of parallel.

 Like quite a lot of Meditators in the dome now have not gone to saints or
spiritual healers either(!). Given the personalities, it will probably not be
until a time comes after one current Prime Minister that anything like a
reconciliation in the TM movement could happen. But like the Society of
Friends, with the loss of a lot of membership, shakti and resource in the
meantime that had previously been there. The Quakers never really recovered the
same after that old man's work had been done to the Society in those years.

 A good lesson.

 -Buck

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: The... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]