wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ultrarishi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > I don't know.  I pretty much prefer the "Merv days".  Today, MMY
and
> > > the TMO seem more like Jimmy Swaggart and Pat Robertson and Bechtel
> > > and FoxNews.
> > >

> > I was following LB until he equated disillusionment with the TMO with
> > disillusionment with 'evil' USA. I think 'evil' USA is actually
> > another media myth.
> >
> > JohnY
> >
> @@@@@@@@
>
> Needless to say, I do not expect or require people to agree with
everything I post.

> With respect to the "media myth", I think you have it exactly
backwards. USA as the bastion
> of freedom and democracy is the media myth. One has only to see who
owns the media to
> understand how this could be the case.
>
> Outside the USA, the Evil Empire view is currently almost universal.
It has particularly
> floated to the surface with the current administration, coincidentally.
>
> The history of military adventurism and economic exploitation, the
subvesion of foreign
> governments, etc, is well established, but it NOT generally explored
in the mainstream
> media.
>
> More blatant recent developments regarding fraudulent elections and
the subversions of
> our civil liberties are merely the more recent and obvious
indicators of corporate fascism.

> Europeans, having had more experience with these things, tend to see
us as naive
> barbarians.
>
> Most Americans, on the other hand, tend to be in denial about it.
Those in the early stages
> of owning it tend to be angry and/or frightened.
>
> L B S

 Nothing complicated, I just think that on the whole the US has been
more a positive than a negative force in world affairs and the 'evil'
America thing is perpetuated by a press with an agenda of it's own.

  Those 'experienced' Europeans have had their collective bacon pulled
from the fire by US barbarians quite a few times. And like Maharishi
are rather ungrateful about it too, when it suits their purposes.  As
far as the TMO is concerned we're only a little evil but our cash is
quite good.

JohnY

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM