In studying the science, the low numbers meditating together evidently shows a
dangerous communal lack of discipline.
 .. Invincible Defense Technology:    A Non-Religious, Humane and Beneficial
Approach to Peace..
 The practical components of IDT are the non-religious Transcendental
Meditation (TM) and the more advanced TM-Sidhi programs. When large groups of
experts practice these programs together, a powerful field effect of coherence
and peace is generated that spills over into the surrounding population. This
effect has been shown in extensive scientific research that has repeatedly
confirmed measurable decreases in war deaths, terrorism, and crime. Studies
have also shown, for example, reductions in verbal hostilities and hostile
acts, increased number of cooperative events, and other improvements in quality
of life such as reduced accidents, hospital admissions, and infant mortality.
These are all tangible signs of reduction of societal stress. Due to this
research the non-profit organization Global Union of Scientists for Peace
(GUSP) advocates this simple and cost-effective approach for reducing social
stress (see: https://www.gusp.org/global-peace-summit
https://www.gusp.org/global-peace-summit ).
 See more at
http://www.pravdareport.com/opinion/columnists/30-10-2018/141897-khashoggi-0/
http://www.pravdareport.com/opinion/columnists/30-10-2018/141897-khashoggi-0/

 A morality,

 : Meditation in groups,  Maharishi was consistent the whole way about the
utility of group meditating influencing a wellbeing of good for others at a
distance. This remarkable idea in practice is a simple disruptor to a lot of
people’s material paradigm but after so many decades of inquiry in to this
observation the science has well borne out the hypothesis.

 And, Guru Dev too in his spiritual construct on moral order could have easily
agreed now given what all we know from the inquiry of science, that people who
do not go to group meditations when they could join with them are being amoral
in their selfishness.

 That someone sitting out in a coffee house whether in Leiden watching videos
on their laptop or those meditators idle downtown around the Fairfield, iowa
town square at Paradiso, the Cider House, the Sushi bar, or in Revelations
during the communal group meditation is near to worthless and worse morally in
their contribution to the general good and communal welfare, a drag, amoral.

 So this, the virtue of group meditation is now in the reach of this spiritual
but not religious time of science and spirituality that we do live in.  Yet,
people who would stay home by themselves, be it some Raja hold up somewhere out
there by themselves, or an editor working overtime somewhere and may be would
meditate later, but also an administration and its defenders with a
religious-like adherence to ill-serving guidelines that should keep people away
who could otherwise be meditating with the group evidently are all worst than
sad but pretty bad morally.  Jai Guru Dev.

 Thread 437705
 Re: What did ‘Guru Dev’ say on Spiritual Morality and its Moral Compass

 .< Interesting to see how the principles of higher moral character that were
the communal experiment started at Amherst in ‘78 have been eroded and hurt in
the administration of it.
 For outsiders or people from away looking in on the experiment I recommend
their reading "Greetings From Utopia Park" and listening to the NPR 'Fresh Air'
interview of Claire Hoffman for insight to how it went.

 I don’t recall anything about “principles of higher moral character” in the
air when we first came here from Amherst.

 Q: I appreciate what you’re doing with the group meditation thing, but I like
meditating at home. I usually take a nap first, then just sit up and meditate.
Times vary.

 A: Evidently a lot of people feel this way also about meditating with the TM
group, not turning out for what was superradiance
 of the group.
 The numbers in the Dome meditation are incredibly low now.

 #

 Meditation brings wisdom;
 lack of meditation leaves ignorance.
 Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back,
 and choose the path that leads to wisdom.  -The Buddha

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Meditate and Act

 Meditation with activity has always been the TM teaching (B.Gita II v 48).
This teaching was one of the things also used to convince a change in the
administration policy at a point to modify the ‘long’ IAAssembly morning
program rounds to get it all shortened down more to what it is now with the
idea according to the teaching to get them out of there and in to the world and
community before the mid-day and to give them longer in the afternoon to ‘do
things’ of life and be in the community.

 That was important to have happen at the time for people’s health and general
wellbeing. The long program the way it was enforced was turning folks in to
pale renunciates in front of us here in the community. Then it is just a matter
of how people may use their time between meditations. Turning compost for
health is not a bad use of time. Meditate and perform action.  Communicating
this by FFL was an effective element at the time in turning this around for the
better. .
 Jai Guru Dev

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <r...@searchsummit.com> wrote :

 I think I’d rather shovel cow manure for a living than spend my days spying on
people through people’s social media, the Weekly Reader, Source, etc.

 Note to spies: shoveling cow manure is great exercise and really quite
enjoyable when you get into it. I used to do it at Livingston Manor. If
interested, contact Radiance Dairy. They may have openings.

 Rick Archer
 Buddha at the Gas Pump
 https://batgap.com