On Dec 23, 2005, at 6:01 PM, feste37 wrote:

You're evading the point and also attributing to me an argument I never put

forward.

No, merely pointing out the absurdity of M's "generosity".

It's an open question as far as I'm concerned whether he has helped the lives of the others close to him more than harming lives. It seems to me the ones farther away (or who have left) from him are doing better.

I would be interested in one article in recent years--just one (or more if they exist)--of one person outside the TMO mentioning the word "generosity" or "compassion" in regards to M.

My guess would be most if not all positive media feedback regarding him and his movement are due to the significant and non-ending efforts of his own PR machine. The bizarre thing is, even the entry level meditators are conditioned to be PR generators (able to cite questionable science to support claims, etc) from the very first lecture on. And once your on the mailing list...

This is not the case--but I honestly don't think you'll convince many

people at all that if you give money to Mahesh or practice his

McMeditation you're going to stop tsunamis.