In a message dated 1/3/06 9:41:10 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The price of TM is: $52 a month over 4 years, which is $12 a week,
or $1.70 a day. Even poor people in the US spend WAY more than this
on coffee, unhealthy fizzy drinks, and many more unhealthy
unnecessary things every day.
If one did it over 2 tears instead of 4, then it is still only $3.40
a day. Anyone who has the will to, can afford TM in the US.

When I first wanted to learn about yogic knowledge, I was ready to
give up everything and travel to India to find what I was looking
for, at great risk to myself and my future. You are now proclaiming
to the people of the world that they should not give up their cafe-
lattes for Vedic knowledge? This incredibly selfish, since you have
already had the benefit of the knowledge. Many people in the world
have nothing to absorb the stress which pushes down upon them
everyday. As a beneficiary of a practice that you can practice any
day, any where, even in a prison, and find relief, if you have any
conscience at all you should be telling as many people as you can,
that TM only costs $3.40 a day for 2 years !

OffWorld
The average uninitiated person isn't going to give up their minor comforts, pleasures, and bad habits to satisfy their curiosity about something so abstract. Especially if finding a regular practicing TMer is so rare and there are so many that learned and quit. You have to consider there are many times more people out there to say theylearned TM and got little or nothing out of it than can say it has opened the universe to them. Twenty -five hundred dollars is a very big commitment to the average person. To some, its represents a couple of mortgage payments, four, five or six car payments, Healthcare insurance premiums etc, things the average middle class person will not give up or risk not having in the future  should he be between jobs for a period of time. Vedic knowledge? What the hell is that to the average person of western culture? It means nothing to them.< If TM is going to out survive it's current practitioners it has to shake the cult image, stop all the Vedic this and Vedic that BS, get rid of the religious overtones and charge prices the average person can whip out a check book and right a check on the spot without a second thought to pay for the course. It needs to return to being an organization fun to work for and one not need to fear being black balled by others on power trips. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting, and Pure consciousness means Nothing to the average person until they have experienced it.