> On Jan 5, 2006, at 10:46 AM, off_world_beings wrote:
>
> > Nonsense. Even Jesus accepted money for his Church. Monks and
> > priests have always been paid for their services since the
beginning
> > of time. Ancient cultures considered these services paramount and
> > the most practical thing they could do, and were quite happy to
be
> > materialistic about it, and pay for it, just like you would for
TV,
> > airplanes, buses, internet computer, etc. You just have your
> > priorities skewed. Also, almost all ancient cultures had some
> > concept of Karma, and believed that they were given what they had
> > for a reason (wether they were given poverty or wealth), And
> > Maharishi has said that it is the 'deserving ability' of the
people
> > that allows them to gain the necessary means, which is what
almost
> > all ancient cultures believed, including Guru Dev's cultural
> > worldview.
>
> Is there any record of Swami Brahmananda Saraswati *charging* for
> mantra? Or was it just on a donation basis? Or was it free?>>>

FREE !??? GET OVER IT  !
Only Maharishi and a few others have given techniques for
free....and that NEVER lasts. NEVER. It is a fact of life.
If you wanted knoweldge from Guru Dev you had to DONATE your time as
a worker, and a lot of it, OR, pay for it (yagyas etc.), or gain
good karma by being a DONOR to the temple. By our standards it would
not be much, but by Indian standards in those days it was not
insignificant.

OffWorld