> On Jan 8, 2006, at 5:31 PM, a_non_moose_ff wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > It reminded me of several recent posts.
>
> The entire article was laced with themes common here.

Yes.

"There is generally a lack of experiential understanding of the Real
Self and its Power as deep silence, unconditional love etc.."

"Otherwise there is a permanent occlusion, the Granthi Knot,
permanently screening off the tremendous power of the Real Self, which
is the Absolute Unborn Deathless Consciousness, God, Unconditional
Love, Dynamic Silence, and Oneness. Instead the Neo-Advaitin pupil
merely basks in his or her Reflected Consciousness, designated as 'all
there is, is perfect, whatever manifests'."

"To summarise, the main Neo Advaitin fallacy ignores the fact that
there is an occlusion or veiling formed by the vasanas, samskaras,
bodily sheaths and vrittis, and there is a Granthi Knot forming an
identification between Self and mind which has to be severed. If this
were not the case then the whole of humanity would be living from
Absolute Consciousness. As it is humanity still lives from Reflected
Consciousness, including the Neo Advaitin Teacher with his or her
active vasanas, still identified with the mind."

"Pupils gravitate to the teacher with this kind of agenda which
confirms what he or she wants to believe, that no effort is needed.
The result is that the Teacher, still living from the ordinary mind,
with vasanas active, can never go back on the promise that he is
'awakened' and therefore forfeit the right to teach. That the vasanas