"The suggestion by the Neo-Advaitins that effort builds up the Ego
giving it a sense of pride in its ability to meditate, etc. is only
true in number of eccentric cases."

Though I think there is something very powerful in giving up, and
rooting out,  the search, path and desire for enlightenment. Which
doesnot preclude still doing sadhana for other reasons.

The search, path and desire for enlightenment is a huge vasana in
itself. I think over time, other vasanas are roasted, as ones desire
for enlightnement becomes a sole focus. Other vasansas become
subordinated or fused up into the enlightenemnt seeking desire.

Giving up, and rooting out, the search, path and desire for
enlightenment can be powerful, and delightful.